Protecting the privacy of website visitors is important to the UW-Eau Claire Foundation Inc. and the UW-Eau Claire Alumni Association. We have created this privacy statement to ensure that users understand how we handle information we learn about you from your visit to our websites. We are committed to maintaining your trust and confidence while providing the best possible experience as you visit us online.
Web browser cookies
We gather statistics about all users who connect to our sites. This includes such things as the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, operating system and platform, the search terms used on our search engines and the date and time you access pages on our website.
We use this data in aggregate to measure and analyze the visitors to the different sections of our sites, and to help us make our sites more useful to visitors.
We collect personal information from you if you use the donation feature of our website. This information includes demographic information such as name, address and phone number, and a look up to your financial transaction information through our credit card vendor service.
Donation information is used for a variety of purposes meant to provide you with a better service and tailor our communications with you. Personal identification and demographic information is needed to complete transactions, issue tax receipts for donations, and do employee matching.
Information from email, or forms and surveys
You also may decide to send us personally identifying information in an electronic mail message, or by filling out a web form or survey.
We use personal identifying information from these primarily to respond to your requests. We may forward your email to other University employees who are better able to answer your questions. We also may use your email to contact you in the future about University programs that may be of interest to you.
Some pages may contain content that is served from external third parties--for example, social media graphics and scripts used for social media sharing. UW-Eau Claire Foundation and Alumni Association sites do not transmit any information to these third parties. However, when they are used by you, non-personal page information is transmitted from your computer to that third party. UW-Eau Claire and the UW-Eau Claire Foundation and Alumni Association are not responsible for the privacy practices of these external third parties.
How we use collected information
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions. Your information is needed to complete transactions, such as the issuing of tax receipts for donations and employee matching.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your transaction in addition to receiving occasional news, updates, promotions, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.We may send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
- To utilize third party service providers. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes if you have not denied permission to share that information.
- To serve advertisements on third party websites. We use third party remarketing services to advertise on third party sites to previous visitors to our site.
Alumni Association affiliates
The UW-Eau Claire Alumni Association has formed relationships with companies to provide certain services to alumni and to generate revenue that helps the Alumni Association provide additional programs and services to alumni and students. Before entering into a partnership with these companies, we consider their practices regarding the use of customer information. We have found them to be reputable, trustworthy organizations.
These companies communicate directly with alumni to market the products and services we feel will benefit alumni. For that purpose, we provide them a list of alumni names and addresses, with a detailed contract governing the list's use. If you do not wish to be contacted by these companies, notify us at email@example.com. We will remove your name from the mailing lists we provide to affiliates. Please be aware that mailings are often prepared several weeks in advance of shipping. We will try to get your name out of circulation as quickly as possible, but you may receive mailings for more than a month after requesting removal.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information we store.
Personal information gathered through our event registration and donation system and online forms and surveys happens over an SSL-secured communication channel.
Credit card information from our event registration and donation system is stored with our vendor only, not on our servers, and is used only for payment processing and is not retained for any other purposes. Our vendor is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and the Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS).
By using our website, you consent to our privacy statement.
Changes to this privacy statement
As our business changes, those changes will be reflected in this privacy statement with the date of change noted below. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically to review any future changes.
This privacy statement was last modified on April 13, 2015.
Questions about this privacy statement
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this website, or your personal information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.